Written by Alex Krook
| 24th February 2019
As young people in the arts we love to see arts organisations making strides towards attracting younger audiences, and making the arts more accessible for all. So here's a few of our favourite (and most cost-effective!) offers from arts organisations across the UK.
- First up is Barbican Centre's Young Barbican ticket offer for under 26s which gives you £5 tickets across their film, theatre and concert programme, private views to all their exhibitions and access to exclusive young people events, AND no booking fees. It's also free to join, which we love to see.
- Tate are finally making headway to make their exhibitions more affordable with Tate Collective: free to join and gives under 26s £5 tickets to all their exhibitions as well as lots of free events and opportunities.
- If you want to see the best classical concerts in the city for less, then Wigmore Hall offers £5 tickets for under 35s for selected concerts in its beautiful hall.
- Theatres across the UK are making some great headway into attracting young audiences in for less - the best value probably being Donmar Warehouse's YOUNG+FREE programme of FREE tickets for under 26s to all their shows.These go fast though so sign up to their mailing list.
- Other theatres aren't far behind: the Royal Shakespeare Company does £5 tickets for under 26s with their RSC Key, The Yard Theatre has £5 No Empty Seats tickets for under 26s, the Almeida offers £5 tickets for under 26s and £10 tickets for under 30s, Manchester's Royal Exchange offers 100s of £7 tickets for under 26s, and the National Theatre's always-popular entry pass scheme goes for £7.50.
- The British Film Institute offers £3 tickets for under 26s for any film, any time, as well as lots of film industry events and opportunities for young people.
- Art Fund's National Art Pass, which gives you loads of discounts to galleries and museums across the country, can be purchased at a whopping half price by under 26s. A bargain!
From theatre to film to music to art, there's lots of discounts to be had while you're a young person in the arts - so get cracking!