Assistant Artist Manager, Vocal & Opera, Intermusica Artists Management Ltd
Deadline: 5pm, Friday 21 May 2021
How Long: Permanent, full time
Compensation: £24000 - £26000 Dependant on experience
Intermusica is an award-winning international classical music management agency. We seek not just to represent the world’s greatest artists, but to inspire them to new creative heights. We are constantly exploring what it means to bring classical music to life in the 21st century, driven by our key values: integrity, support, dynamism and innovation.
We offer imaginative, personalised management for over 140 world-class and emerging artists, have more than 30 years’ expertise in international touring, and are an industry leader in film and multimedia in performance. Our first-class roster includes some of the most famous and respected artists performing today including Lise Lindstrom, Kostas Smoriginas & Natalya Romaniw.
Founded in 1981 by current Chief Executive Stephen Lumsden, Intermusica has a highly experienced workforce of over 25 staff based remotely (predominantly around London, UK).
INTRODUCTION TO THE ROLEIntermusica is seeking a highly-organised, self-assured, motivated and efficient individual to work in our thriving Vocal and Opera department. This role involves providing administrative support to Artist Managers for a roster of international singers; helping organise schedules (travel, accommodation, and VISA’s) for a roster of artists, as well as additional general office tasks to enable the Vocal & Opera department to run smoothly. This is an invaluable opportunity to gain insight into the workings of one of the most highly respected classical music artists’ management agencies as well as gaining direct and relevant experience to embark on a career in arts management.
TRAVEL & ACCOMMODATION
- Researching and booking travel and accommodation at the best possible rates, whilst taking into account the artists’ specific needs and requests
- Responsibility for making visa and work permit arrangements
DIARY & SCHEDULES
- Thorough knowledge of artists’ servicing arrangements and overall diary.
- Responsibility of keeping artists’ diary (via online database) up-to-date, clear and correct – keeping in constant contact with managers to ensure all the necessary information is included.
- Producing detailed schedules for artists, showing a careful eye for detail, and ensuring that the artists have all the required information to fulfil their commitments
- Producing and updating schedules for interested parties that work closely with the artists (e.g. recording companies, local agents, PR agents)
- Arranging all artists’ rehearsal and practice requirements, coordinating with orchestras, venues, other artists, and agents
CONTRACTS & FINANCE
- Initial checking and prompt processing of contracts
- Producing financial paperwork promptly (financial summaries, invoices, etc.) with full tax details and other relevant information such as commission rates
- Checking of artists’ financial statements, working closely with finance department to ensure prompt payments to artists and to Intermusica
- Initiating and/or assisting with tax applications when necessary
MARKETING & PR
- Drafting news stories for artist’s/Intermusica website; working with Managers on biographical material; assisting in mailings and other sales tools; securing copies of audio/video recordings
- Provision of publicity materials to promoters and press; collection and distribution of reviews; checking that website biographies, press quote sheets and other marketing materials are up-to-date
- Preparing and disseminating publicity materials; working with the Marketing Department on promotional materials and website; writing news stories for Intermusica website; working with artists’ managers on biographical material; assisting in mailings and other sales tools; securing copies of audio/video recordings
- Skilled in knowledge and application of social media platforms (e.g Instagram & Twitter) in the classical music industry.
ROLE IN DEPARTMENT
- Providing general administrative support for the department
- Organising internal meetings as required
- Supporting Artist Managers including organising external and internal meetings; organising trips including travel, hotel, meetings and concerts, creating a schedule for the trip; completing and submitting Visa statements and expenses claims on their behalf
- Keeping abreast of developments in areas that affect your work: tax, immigration, travel, accommodation, etc.
- Miscellaneous errands – visa centres, etc.
- Hospitality for department, guests, or large internal meetings
- Answering switchboard phone calls
- Liaising with promoters for agent comps
The successful candidate will possess/be:
Educated to degree level
Excellent organisational skills, an analytical mind, a strong eye for detail, as well as having the ability to prioritise, multi-task and work quickly and effectively under pressure.
A working knowledge of classical music and knowledge of the opera and vocal concert repertoire is desirable. A minimum of one year’s experience in the classical music industry is preferred.
- Applicants must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and a high level of computer literacy.
- They will have a flair for forming good relationships with a wide range of people and building trust.
- Foreign languages are desirable, and the applicant must be fluent in written and spoken English
Please visit this website to apply: https://www.intermusica.co.uk/jobs